What you will need for this recipe:
- 10 grams of hemp CBD flower
- 1 cup of butter
Urban legends about cannabis edibles have been circulating for a long time.
Who doesn’t have a friend who has a story about a “magic brownie” they ate at a party?
Well, marijuana is not the only cannabinoid that goes well with chocolate. Did you know you can buy or make edibles that are THC free and infused with CBD?
It is actually a very simple process. For people who do not like smoking hemp CBD but still want all the amazing benefits of that wonderful cannabinoid, CBD edibles are a fantastic option. If you want to learn how to make your own edibles with hemp CBD flower, read on!
What are Hemp CBD Edibles?
Hemp CBD edibles are the overarching categories of food and drinks that are infused with CBD. In many places, you can buy edibles like pre-made as gummies, cookies, and soda. However, you can also make them at home if you have hemp CBD flower. The benefit of making edibles at home is you can control what you’re eating and save some money while you’re at it.
Cannabinoids like CBD are fat-soluble, so they combine well with oils or butter. You can simply use CBD-infused oil or butter in place of non-infused ingredients to give a hempy twist to any recipe.
Something to note about eating hemp CBD edibles - research shows that when you eat hemp CBD edibles, you’ll experience “the first pass effect.” Some of the CBD you consume will be broken down by your liver and digestive tract. As a result, you may not feel the effects for a few hours (which is normal for any edible) and your body will absorb 20-30% of the CBD during this process.
First Step to Make Hemp CBD Edibles - Decarb Your Hemp CBD Flower
If you have raw hemp CBD flower, you first need to put it through a process known as decarboxylation. During decarboxylation heat is applied to raw hemp CBD flower, thereby activating the cannabinoids in the flower. If you skip this step, you won’t reap the benefits of active CBD in your edibles.
Here’s how to decarb your raw hemp CBD flower in 2 steps:
- For this recipe, grind 10 grams of hemp CBD flowers into small pieces. You can use an herb grinder or your fingers, but don’t grind it down so fine that it becomes a powder, as this can lend your eventual edibles an earthy taste.
- Spread your ground-up hemp CBD flower onto a baking tray and cook it in your oven at 105C / 220F for 25 minutes. It’s done when the flower is lightly browned and dry. Keep an eye on the flower to make sure it doesn’t burn.
Now that your hemp flower is decarbed, you can use it to infuse cooking oils or butter. This will increase its bioavailability, making it easier for your body to absorb the CBD.
How to Make Hemp CBD Butter for Edibles
Now that you have decarbed raw CBD flower, it is time to infuse it into butter for baking (remember that cannabinoids are oil-soluble and not water-soluble!). This is sometimes referred to as cannabutter.
Here’s our quick and easy method for infusing butter with decarbed hemp CBD:
- Combine10 grams of ground-up decarboxylated hemp flower, 1 cup of water, and 1 cup of melted butter into a pot.
- Simmer this combination on low heat for between 2 to 3 hours.
- When the mixture is done simmering, put a cheesecloth on top of a bowl or jar. Pour the mixture over the cheesecloth to strain out the remaining flower.
- Refrigerate the bowl or jar of butter until it solidifies. Once solid, you can scrape out your new hemp CBD butter and use it to bake any of your favorite baked goods!
That’s it! Now you can use the butter in the same ratios you would use them for regular baking or cooking. If you don’t want to bake, you can try spreading hemp CBD butter on your toast, sauteing veggies, or even putting some in your tea and drinking it.
For your convenience, a Cannabis Sugar Cookie recipe from kindmedsaz.com is super simple and a fast way to enjoy your hemp CBD butter:
- 1 cup cbd butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 2/3 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-5 tablespoons milk
- Beat CBD butter and brown sugar in large bowl until fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla.
- Sift flour, baking powder, nutmeg and salt.
- Mix the butter and flour together.
- Add milk one tablespoon at a time to appropriate consistency for soft dough. Knead then chill for about 2 hours.
- Roll dough to 1/4″ thickness and cut with cookie cutters. Remove excess, reform, reroll and cut.
- Bake at 350º for 11 minutes. Let cool.
Ready to eat? Need Some Hemp CBD Flower? Check out Ruby’s Happy Farm!
If you would like some help finding a reputable hemp CBD flower shop, check us out at Ruby’s Happy Farm to purchase your product online and have it delivered to you.
Or if this was all too complicated, try out our Létta Full Spectrum CBD Oil. With CBD Oil, you can simply place drops of oil under the tongue then swallow without having to bake. Ruby’s Happy Farm also sells pre-prolled CBD joints if you decide smoking hemp CBD is the way to go.
Right now, all orders over $50 receive free shipping. You can also use the promo code: RELAX2020 for 5% off your order.
As always, for all things hemp CBD, visit our hemp CBD blog often and if you have any questions about this strain or CBD in general, reach out at: https://rubyshappyfarm.com/pages/say-hello.